Tickets on sale for Houston Women's Sevens
Tickets have gone on sale for the second round of the IRB Women's Sevens World Series, the USA Women's Rugby Sevens in Houston, Texas on 1-2 February 2013.
The BBVA Compass Stadium will host the tournament and two-day passes, starting at just $15, are now available to purchase online, or at the venue.
The event will donate $1 per ticket to the Houston Area Women’s Center, a charity which gives services and support to survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
The IRB and USA Rugby awarded Houston a multi-year deal to host the IRB Women’s Sevens World Series, at which 12 international women’s teams will compete in the Olympic sport of Rugby Sevens.
In the first round of the Series, New Zealand's women took the honours, beating surprise package South Africa in the final, while other non-traditional rugby nations such as Russia and Netherlands also served notice that they are rapidly improving on the world stage.
In Houston, the six core teams set to compete in all four rounds - Australia, Canada, England, Netherlands, New Zealand and the United States - will come up against Brazil, South Africa, Russia, Japan, Argentina, and Trinidad & Tobago.
Video: Round 1 knock-out highlights - Dubai
- BBVA Compass Stadium: Fact file »
- Houston excited to host Women's Sevens game »
- Gosper: Women's Series opener a huge success »
- New Zealand women power to Dubai title »
- Robinson: A debut to savour in Dubai »
- Hohepa: "It was perfect out there tonight" »
- Russia hit high notes in women's opener »
- VIDEO - Dubai Women's Sevens - day two »